1. Attract Businesses that Accommodate Residential Needs- by focusing on a grocery store- by implementing the 2030 Plan for MacArthur Center and attracting neighborhood big-box retail (i.e. Target with a grocery store), medical services (UrgentCare), pet services (grooming/boarding, veterinarian, inclement weather indoor dog play area with extended evening hours), hardware store (subset ofTaylors/Lowes/Home Depot with rental tools), dry cleaner, farmer's market, and more green space.
2. Make LivingDowntown Safe- by supporting the BusinessCompliance Unit's mission- by supporting DNC's SafeNight program- by adding more resources to continue the police/security presence - by maintaining the mobile security surveillance cameras throughout Downtown- by implementing the city garage safety projects such as rapid rolling garage doors, license plate recognition, etc.- by keeping the city garages on a regular maintenance/cleaning schedule
3. Make Downtown Living Desirable - by enforcing laws for noise issue; for loading zone violations; for parking violations- by adding a loading zone in front of residential buildings that don't already have one- by continuing to keep our alleys clean and removing graffiti- by removing the litter along sidewalks, medians, alleys, etc.- by keeping the business fronts repaired and freshly painted- by implementing the NEON Streetscape Project
4. Improve Downtown Outdoor Walking/Dining Experience - by maintaining the increased police presence late-night on Granby- by enforcing laws to slow down traffic on Granby - by enforcing laws for scooter/ebike riding on sidewalks along Granby - by managing scooter/ebike litter - by closing businesses that continue to violate the rules of theirConditional Use Permit- by installing a traffic signaling system for pedestrians to safely cross Boush atBrooke- by replacing/repairing missing/damaged bricks on our sidewalks- by cleaning sidewalks regularly and more often near the alleyways
5. Improve Downtown Driving and Visibility - by addressing the section of Freemason between Boush and Granby (proposal provided toTransit)- by addressing the intersections at Granby & Freemason and Granby & Tazewell- by repairing the big pothole on Tazewell between Boush and Granby